Sunday 13 March 2011

Ultimate Mix Tape - Indie Genre

Having now completed my priliminary task I now intend to begin the main task which is creating a music magazine. In order to decide which genre of music I wish my magazine to feature, the first task I carried out was to create a "mix tape" playlist to help me identify what genres of music I am interested in.

My Ultimate Mixtape - Indie Genre
Gossip - Standing In The Way Of Control
The Cribs - Men's Needs
Bloc Party - Two More Years
Maxïmo Park - Apply Some Pressure
The Futureheads - The Beginning Of The Twist
Wolfman Featuring Pete Doherty - For Lovers
The Rakes - 22 Grand Job
Lightspeed Champion - Midnight Surprise
Feeder - Tumble And Fall
Bright Eyes - First Day Of My Life
Nouvelle Vague - Love Will Tear Us Apart
José González - Heartbeats
Richard Hawley - Oh My Love
Elliott Smith - Ballad Of Big Nothing
Mercury Rev - Goddess On A Highway
Super Furry Animals - Juxtapozed With U
The Cooper Temple Clause - Who Needs Enemies?
The Electric Soft Parade - Empty At The End
Hundred Reasons - If I Could
Phantom Planet - California
The Libertines - Don't Look Back Into The Sun
The Raconteurs - Steady, As She Goes
Pixies - Where Is My Mind?
Peter Bjorn And John - Young Folks
The Hives - Main Offender

Stereotypical listener of Indie music
Alternative clothing such as skinny jeans/tight t-shirts etc, unique hair styles/colours and heavy eye make-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment